Monday, July 14, 2008

Back in the Grind

Bankroll is now up to $750, but wow, what an adventure it took just to get to this from May.

So I ended May around $480, on a bit of a downswing after running it up to $600 at NL50. I decided to move back to NL25 at the start of June to get my confidence back, and promptly ran it up to $550 again. Nice.

Then I got this glorious email from RakeBackPros telling me that I can now receive rakeback from Full Tilt. Alright! Wanting to take advantage of this. I moved $500, most of my roll, to Full Tilt. And then promptly lost 25% of it in a week.

I don't why, but I just can't beat the games at Full Tilt. Whenever I've got a big hand I never get paid off, and whenever I play a big pot I lost. I've also noticed that the players are better than at Pokerstars, they raise more preflop and are generally more tight-aggressive. So there you are, I can't beat NL25 again. What a humbling experience.

I was getting close to despair, but what saved me again was Pokerstars. I left a little bit of money there so that I can still keep playing some of the tourneys, I just love the structures there. I've been playing the 180-player $4.40 SnG and finished just short of the money the first 3 times. The 4th time, I struck gold. I finished 2nd for almost $150, which made up for my losses at FT and and put me back up to $600.

So there you are, I've somewhat given up on my Full Tilt game already, and just concentrated on Pokerstars again, even without rakeback at least I can win there. I'm playing NL50 (playing 60BB) once again and been up 1.5 buy-ins the past week. Here's hoping I can avoid a downswing for the near future.

No comments: