Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting More Fishy as Time Goes By

Ok, so I'm playing really bad, and I'm on a downswing. Admittedly it's more of the former, but they're a really bad combination to be in. Last night I lost 2 buy-ins playing 10NL at UB. In the first one I open raised to 3xBB from middle position with AJ offsuit, everyone folds to the BB who min-raises, and I call. We both have somewhere around $8-$9. Flop came AJ5 rainbow, BB checks, I bet 2/3 the pot and he calls. Turn comes a 10, he checks again. I bet half the pot and he min-reraises. Feeling commited I move all in and he shows me KQ for the straight. Dammit.

2nd time, I get 44 middle position and limp along with almost everyone else. Flop is a beauty with 10-8-4 rainbow. BB raises pot, I reraise him 2.5 times his bet, and he moves all in. I call and he shows KK. Turn? K. River? K. Dammit.

A couple of things to note. I'm trying to bonus whore and moved most of the bankroll to Ultimate Bet to take advantage of rakeback and the 111% first deposit bonus. After I claim this I plan to keep on moving my bankroll around to claim as many bonuses as I can. Of course, the flaw in this plan is that I need to avoid busting and and at least break even playing the tables for the bonuses to make any difference. With the way I've been playing the last few weeks, it's starting to come into doubt.

I've also moved back down to 10NL. I just simply had my ass handed back to me in pieces when I tried 25NL. I lost $100 in the 2 weeks, cutting my bankroll almost in half when combined with the $50 I cashed out. I'll have to rebuild at 10NL for the meantime before I try moving up again, and next time I'm going to do it right.

To make matters worse, I've lost another 2k playing at the Metro. I'm just playing so bad it's getting embarrassing. I'm starting to think that the players' eyes light up when I sit at the tables as they think I'm going to be "easy money", and I can't blame them. Sigh.

I read somewhere that until you've reached a point where you really, really, really hate this game, well, you just haven't played enough poker. I'm starting to reach that point now. Ah well, hope I can snap out of this.

No comments: